Publishing From Revit to BIM360 - How to connect BIM360 cloud files to Verifi3D
The effective use of building information modeling requires effective access and sharing of information. A federated model structure allows different consultants and team members to be responsible for different aspects of a model, while also ensuring everyone has access to the most up-to-date information.
To make the most of the federated model, the Project Manager or BIM Manager needs tools to collect, verify and validate the model, it’s compliance with the specification and the correctness of the information contained in it.
The Verifi3D Model Checker provides a solution to increase the productivity of your model checking workflow, while also reducing the occurrence of errors. This tutorial shows how to use Cloud Models in Revit and BIM360 with the Verifi3D platform for collaboration. Verifi3D supports all BIM360 models which have been Published. Synced files result in zip files - this is not optimal for Verifi3D. For this reason, we recommend Publishing as the primary method to connect to shared files in the BIM360.
We would like to provide you with this information to get the most out of your workflow. This method is based on experiences with Xinaps’ partners that use the BIM360 common data environment and will work best for those already using this solution.
The information here is divided into 3 parts
- Set-up your model for cloud sharing
- Save and Publish your model to the BIM360 Cloud
- Link your shared model to Verifi3d
Set up your model for cloud sharing
- a Revit model that you want to share
Cloud sharing of a Revit model is best paired with Work-sharing.
Work-sharing in Revit is a feature that allows multiple users to work on the same project simultaneously, making it easier for teams to collaborate on building designs. By setting up a central file, users can check out and modify specific elements of the model, and then check their changes back in to the central file for others to see. This helps to streamline the design process and reduce the risk of conflicts and errors.
If your model is not already work-shared, you can do so by following this tutorial.
Once work sharing has been enabled for the model, follow these steps:
- Click the Collaborate Tab → Manage Collaboration Panel →
- Once the dialog opens, without changing anything, click
- In the dialog box, select
- Navigate to the project that the model belongs under
- Within the project, select the
- Type an appropriate file name in the prompt, then click
- Wait, while Revit initialises the cloud model. This may take a minute.
- If the uploaded model includes links, migrate the linked models to BIM 360 Document Management.
For more information: Help Article
Save and Publish your model to the BIM360 Cloud
- a Revit model that has been saved to BIM 360 cloud
Publishing a model from Revit / BIM360 allows team members who do not have access to Revit to view, search and work with cloud models.
It also enables tools like Verifi3d to view the model and automate your workflow. To publish the model that we just uploaded to the cloud, follow these steps:
Homeon the Quick Access Bar, or press
CTRL + Dto go to Revit Home.
- Use the
BIM 360link, and navigate to the cloud project that contains Revit cloud models
- To publish the latest version, click the checkbox for each model you want to publish, and then click publish
- The box will now show the
Publish Date, and
- To view the published models, click the Autodesk Docs project name.
For more information: Help Article